Arri 2c crystal sync motor

Boris bruno

• Premium Member

can you rent or borrow one locally?  they seem to be a bit rare nowadays indeed.

If there is no other option it is possible to make a completely new crystal sync motor for almost any camera given enough time and resources. I have possibility to make this type of systems from scratch if needed but it is much easier if there is already a working "wild" motor for the camera so that no mechanical parts need to be machined. Typically a modification of a motor could cost something between 500 and 1000 USD depending on what is needed and how complete the original motor is mechanically or if anything needs to be machined

29 minutes ago, aapo lettinen said:

can you rent or borrow one locally?  they seem to be a bit rare nowadays indeed.

If there is no other option it is possible to make a completely new crystal sync motor for almost any camera given enough time and resources. I have possibility to make this type of systems from scratch if needed but it is much easier if there is already a working "wild" motor for the camera so that no mechanical parts need to be machined. Typically a modification of a motor could cost something between 500 and 1000 USD depending on what is needed and how complete the original motor is mechanically or if anything needs to be machined

Yeah I have a constant motor 2pin to 5 pin xlr 

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Boris bruno said:

Yeah I have a constant motor 2pin to 5 pin xlr 

do you have images of the motor? I am not sure what kind of speed stabilisation it already has. Probably it would be possible to modify it though the control electronics might take a little bit more space than there is available inside the motor.

what speeds do you need, just 24fps? 

Making this type of mod may take some time, for me it could be couple of months because there is lots of other projects going on at the same time. I think there is other people still around able to modify Arri motors if you are in a hurry

Edited by aapo lettinen