Any ready rig systems I can connect to a mamiya camera?

Seth Baldwin

The mamiya gets hella heavy, even with a hand grip, and neck straps kill. Any systems like ready rigs that I can connect to the strap connectors? Its meant to be a studio camera, but I like the flexibility of going handheld more often.

20200922-180956.jpg

Edited by Seth Baldwin

That Mamiya RZ strap mount is pretty specific.

I imagine you'll have to find an extra Mamiya strap and figure out some way to attach it to a ReadyRig bungee cords or any of the other brands out there.

You are certainly on the heavy side with all the accessories attached to the camera.

What if I go for a shoulder rig setup. But because the viewfinder is in the centre of the camera, it'd have to be something along the lines as those DSLR shoulder rigs that position the operators head in front of the monitor attached to the camera vs the shoulder rigs that place the operators head on the side of the camera (which is the case with shoulder rigs made for cinema cameras). And it'd also have to be some kind of shoulder rig that places the camera slightly lower then the operators shoulder. And due to it's dimensions, a shoulder rig with handles spread wider apart. Any suggestions?

Edited by Seth Baldwin