'Behind the film - Inside the Ilford factory'

Stephen Perera

• Premium Member
On 9/22/2020 at 12:52 PM, Stephen Perera said:

OK forgive me, its photographic film but I'm sure there will be plenty of us interested in watching this in this forum....

photographic film can be shot with certain 35mm movie cameras as long as it is in suitable length rolls. I have shot couple of bulk rolls of Ilford films, for example HP5, with my Konvas though most of the time I shoot cheaper stuff like Fomapan 400 or ST9 with it :)

So it is not exclusively "photographic film" even if it's originally meant for taking photos and not moving images :P

• Premium Member

well its the same stuff (-ish) apart from the remjet and whatever else they use to avoid scratches, etc as the film speeds through the camera and magazine........though God knows film is less delicate than people think.....many a time have I been in the dark trying to spool 120 film in a Paterson reel with the sweat and temp. rising having to manhandle the emulsion into submission sometimes hahahahaha......for perfect results when processed.....people.....if the edge of film clips its a difficult task to get the film on the spool as it catches haha