Identify my Aaton parts please

Stephen Perera

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Brian Drysdale said:

No1 is the camera control unit ( CTU 10-18) for the Aaton video assist video head (CX20, VR30).

Hey Brain hows it going over in Belfast......so....what does this do then.....how does it attach and to what and all the rest of it....no idea.....I have an Aaton XTR XC thats got no electronics and besides which I broke the wafer thin glass that enables a video tap once when blowing into the area to clean it

#3 looks like some sort of run/stop remote switch. It should have either a Lemo 1B 6pin or a Lemo 0S 2pin on the end unless someone cut it off.

#7 is a bag of fuses. The cylindrical ones would go inside of the batteries they should be rated for 5A if you look as the inscriptions on them. The Shorter silver one would go into the body and should also be rated for 5A. The small oval shaped one with the long leads is the style you'd typically see with an SR but I have heard of people trimming them to fit into an Aaton fuse compartment when in a pinch. 

• Like 1

This the old school stuff. A camera head with a vidicon tube is mounted into the side of the camera, where the battery is fitted. A multi core cable runs from that to the control unit, this contains all the electrons for the head. so the combination acts like a B & W vidicon camera. with a video output.  The 12v power for the video assist is plugged into the control unit.

I had a bracket for mounting this onto my camera's top handle.