16mm BW print stock?

Hi,

I've worked mainly 7222 with self processing(D76/Dektol), now I wonder what type of film can be used for print stock.

I've read from the list of motion film, Kodak 7202/7203 is used for BW print stock. But when I check from resellers 7202 is colour negative film. So I am bit confused now, is anyone could recommend suitable print stock for projection? What I want to try here exactly is, I want to make positive duplicate from my negative which is possible to project. I guess slower film(lower ISO) would fit for duplication and control the contrast, it seems really hard to find proper one in Europe. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Premium Member

Eastman 7302 is the print film. Besides it you have ORWO PF 2 from FilmoTec which is made in two versions. One is plain, the other, V3, has an anti-halo substrate between the colourless base and the photographic layer. That subbing discolours during development.

You can also print onto sound recording film, first of all ORWO TF 12 which has a colourless base. Very harsh contrast and more density. Kodak sound recording films are on a grey base. 16mm sound films are made with one perforation row only.

• 1 month later...