Shooting in Hot weather with 5D mark IV & 7D mark II

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to travel to a very hot weather area around 38C/ 100F dry area and I will be shooting interviews and taking areal shoots. I'm wondering if my equipment will be affected by the weather? if so do you have a suggestion how to cool off my camera or protect it from harm. Can you please share your shooting experience in hot weather.

Thanks,

Nebiat

I think a good idea is to bring a spare bodies for each camera , when one over heats you can swap them over .. and if you have an external power supply it also helps to some extent ,as the batteries get hot ..  sun umbrellas of course .. but its tough as those small camera,s over heat pretty easily .. the new canon has a big heat problem .. 

• Like 1

Be careful with the 7dii. I had one and it overheated and destroyed the sensor during a video shoot a couple of summers ago. I can't remember how hot it was, but I didn't think it'd be hot enough to destroy the camera. I was shooting high frame rate when it happened. 

Edited by Reggie A Brown
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Canned air with a plastic straw with the can held upside/down so that liquid gas comes out and freezes what it touches is a desperate measure. Keep it away from lenses and mirrors because it WILL crack them due to thermal shock. Dew also forms which may not be good.