Sony PMW-F55 + R5 Raw Recorder (Customised, Complete Kit)

Mark Kenfield

• Premium Member

Selling my low-hours and uniquely customised Sony PMW-F55 with AXS-R5 package, and this one is pretty special.

With 4k 16-bit Raw up to 60fps, 480Mbps 4k XAVC 4:2:2, 400Mbps 4:4:4 SR recording and a global shutter with up to 240fps in 2k Raw, the F55 is an imaging beast (that just shot the latest season of The Crown for Netflix). And thanks to the Colour Filter Array it shares with the Sony Venice, you get the benefits of the vastly improved colour science that’s been developed for the newer camera.

The Venice’s S709 LUTs have been installed in the camera to give you the new colour science for on-set monitoring, along with special False Colour LUTs for both SLOG3 and SLOG2, which provide the exposure monitoring ability that Sony never built into their EVF themselves.

The camera has a little over 900 hours on it (very low for these bodies), and comes with everything you need to shoot, including enough media for over 3 hours of continuous recording in 4k 16-bit Raw, and 4 hours of continuous recording in 4k XAVC Class300. So all you need to add is batteries and you'll be ready to shoot. The kit includes:

- Cinevised PMW-F55 Body (PL-Mount)

- AXS-R5 Raw Recorder

- DVF-EL100 OLED Viewfinder

- 3x 512GB AXS Cards

- 2x 240GB Sony G-Series XQD Cards (with SxS Adapters)

- Highspeed Sony AXS and XQD Card Readers

- 15mm LWS Baseplate with Arri Dovetail Clamp

- 12v/24v V-mount to Gold-mount power module

- Custom Flight Case

- All required cables

I picked the camera up from Otto Nemenz in LA when they switched out their F55s for Sony Venices. They heavily customised the camera to make it better suited for conventional cinema production, and the modifications really do make it much easier to work with.

The EVF connector has been relocated from Sony's horrendously exposed default positioning on the right side of the body, over to the operator’s side (which makes it both much safer, and gives you a much wider range of adjustment from the cable) to facilitate the use of Sony’s excellent OLED EVF.

This interfaces with a vastly improved, Panavision-style dovetailing EVF mount, which is rock solid and provides a huge range of adjustment.

The top of the camera has been upgraded with a solid aluminium top-plate that adds an excellent top-handle, a 15mm clamp for FIZ motors, tonnes of 3/8” Arri locating-pin holes for mounting accessories, and integrated 12v and 24v power distribution that pairs with an optional v-mount to gold-mount power module (that can be added to the back of the camera if needed).

The front of the camera has been upgraded with a much stronger, rigid PL-mount (that can safely handle heavier lenses if needed), and the timecode input has been converted from BNC to an industry-standard 5-pin Lemo connector.

If you have any questions about the camera or its modifications please feel free to ask.

$13,300 USD / $18,900 AUD (ex GST) / €11,400 EUR + Shipping

Please contact me for precise shipping quotes, as the insurance forms the bulk of the shipping cost, the price can vary considerably depending on your location. The camera is also available for local pickup in Melbourne, Australia.

GST will have to be added if sold in Australia.

KAphgZB.jpg

jMldZwe.jpg

akuYabP.jpg

Yv5MqqZ.jpg

9wFP9YN.jpg

Fd42Iyv.jpg

WOmbA1g.jpg

H1EjsWq.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hi Tim,

I'm wondering if you're still sitting on this amazingly customized F55. I'm in the market for one, and now feel like I can't live without this top plate. Feel free to reach out via email - jbernercamera@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jack