Vintage Zoom for Alexa Mini LF

• Premium Member

Well any full frame stills zoom will cover, or adapted medium format zooms, some of which would be considered vintage. No guarantee they’re parfocal of course.
In terms of specifically made for cinema zooms, there are some Panavision zooms for the System 65 series, dating to the 90s, and maybe some of the zooms for the Arri 765 are vintage (no doubt adapted from medium format) and I believe some Russian zooms for 65mm were made back in the 70s/80s (if you can find them). I don’t know if Todd AO made any zooms, there don’t seem to be any Panavision zooms for the Super Panavision 70 format of the 60s.
Zoom technology for cinema was still very much in its early days in the 50s and 60s, when large format cinema peaked. Som Berthiot made a 60-240 zoom for Vistavision in the 50s, but it wasn’t a great success, and I don’t know of any 65mm zooms made by companies like Angenieux or Cooke. A doubler on traditional 35mm vintage zooms like old 25-250s would probably cover LF.

Hey, thank you for the help! You are right, I completely forgot about the fact that a doubler should do the trick (with the perks of loosing light etc.). Since I am aiming for a wide-angle zoom, I will have to test if an extender still gives me enough field of view. 

Otherwise I will have to search for some Panavision zooms to test.