Movable 4kw HMI on Dolly - Ideas required!

Montell Taraschewski

On 11/16/2020 at 10:48 AM, Onno Perdijk said:

This is what we did some years ago for exactly the same effect. We added some arms to the head to be able to pan the light while traveling.

It worked very well.

In these pictures we have used our BarTruss since we did not want to see the lightshake when passing a connection.

good luck,  Onno

Thats a pretty solid setup! Been thinking about a pretty similar setup. As i cant find a proper upside down slider where im located I have to try going the dolly route... I'll keep you all posted once I receive feedback from my gripper. 

@Phil Rhodes have you used them to light the cabin through the small windows on either side or the cockpit as well ? Our windows might be too big and too far apart to use individual CRLS mirrors (especially as we want a strong, non diffused and directional light)

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Montell Taraschewski said:

@Phil Rhodes have you used them to light the cabin through the small windows on either side or the cockpit as well ? Our windows might be too big and too far apart to use individual CRLS mirrors (especially as we want a strong, non diffused and directional light)

To be clear, I've never used them (though I have some on the way), I've just interviewed people who have.

I'd give them a shout, talk to Jakob, and see what he thinks. They have various options available and I think it'd be a lot easier to fly the reflector, and leave the light on the ground.

P

On 11/14/2020 at 8:28 PM, Stephen Sanchez said:

What about strapping the light to a golf cart? Or better yet, someone's open-back jeep. I'm sure those rollbars can be mounted to. Ora crank strapped in the back of a truck with the bed sandbagged? Your key grip is going to vomit to these ideas haha. 

Might be a good idea if i had the space to do so. Rigging a M90 or bigger onto a truck and flooding the whole neighborhood with daylight might solve the vitamin d deficit some might have developed during the lockdowns... ?