A corona time music video

Vital Butinar

So a band that we work with all the time tasked us with making them a new music video at the end of the summer.

Thankfully the corona situation was in check at the time so we were able to shoot and we still had a hard time because there was a 30 people limit so we had to keep the crew and cast numbers really down. One solution was to shoot in a biker club and found some really cool bikers who brought their families along so they could be in close contact with each other and then layered the groups to make it look like there was a lot of people even though there were less than 20 people there. 

There were two challenges that I wanted to do in this video.
The 1st was that I wanted the beginning shot to be a steady cam, traveling, following shot and wanted to have a little bit more of a complex action happening to make it interesting. So we got the bouncer to throw the band's biggest fan out of the door when the lead actress walked towards the door. 
The 2nd was to have a non linear story line and I think that I was able to pull that off also.

I was really happy that I got some help from my ADs, with whom I agreed that one would corral the bikers to perform the background actions to make it look like a full blown biker club and the other AD kept people in the frame so that it looked busy in every frame. So the only work I had was to work with the band and the three main actresses in the club.

Anyway here it is