BlaKkKlansman

I just saw this film on cable television last night and I absolutely loved it. It’s a masterwork by Spike Lee, and John David Washington is becoming one of my favorite actors, especially after I saw him in Tenet and now BlacKKKlansman, he has Cary Grant vibes and could easily be the next James Bond. He’s just very precise and has a big on screen presence. But I just loved the message the film had, it made me realize how huge of a monster Trump is and the hatred that he fueled in our country. It’s just powerful cinema, and it made me appreciate his work. I’m quite sad I didn’t see it in a theater when it came out! 

• 1 month later...

Somehow this is the first Spike Lee film I've seen, thought it was great.

I watched it just after seeing one of the Marvel films, and the juxtaposition really highlighted the differences between the two types of films. I like both types, but BlaKkKlansman felt like it had a voice.

• Premium Member
Just now, Mei Lewis said:

Somehow this is the first Spike Lee film I've seen, thought it was great.

I watched it just after seeing one of the Marvel films, and the juxtaposition really highlighted the differences between the two types of films. I like both types, but BlaKkKlansman felt like it had a voice.

well that's the thing about true stories....people flying around in capes are one thing and reflecting on things that actually happened takes you into another head space....