Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Patricia Dauder

First camera tests Eclair ACL II - Image upside down

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I just received my first camera tests from my new Eclair ACL II converted to S16mm by Les Bosher, and the image is upside down, the floor is up and the ceiling is down. The camera was serviced just recently

I'm still getting acquainted with the camera since previously I owned a R16 Beaulieu

Could someone tell me what could be  the cause for this?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Patricia Dauder said:

Could someone tell me what could be  the cause for this?

sounds like the film was just telecined backwards and it was upside down for that reason. Probably they received the developed roll from the lab and just transferred it right away without checking how it was winded. 

Easy to fix in the editing software. If doing photochemical finish, just ask them to make a new print which is properly aligned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you looking at your film scan on a computer monitor? If so, it seems that whomever did the scan skipped a step. 

It’s normal for the image to be upside down, the lens always flips the image so the bottom of the film gate is the top of the image. This will become obvious when you are dealing with hairs in the gate. But this is usually corrected in film scan (or in the film projector with the projector lens). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, aapo lettinen said:

sounds like the film was just telecined backwards and it was upside down for that reason. Probably they received the developed roll from the lab and just transferred it right away without checking how it was winded. 

Easy to fix in the editing software. If doing photochemical finish, just ask them to make a new print which is properly aligned

thank you Aapo. That sounds logical. I will contact the lab tomorrow. They do the processing and telecine at the same place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Satsuki Murashige said:

Are you looking at your film scan on a computer monitor? If so, it seems that whomever did the scan skipped a step. 

It’s normal for the image to be upside down, the lens always flips the image so the bottom of the film gate is the top of the image. This will become obvious when you are dealing with hairs in the gate. But this is usually corrected in film scan (or in the film projector with the projector lens). 

Yes, I'm looking at it on a computer monitor. The lab sent me a Quicktime Mov file by email

Thank you for your reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Serious Gear



    Ritter Battery



    Gamma Ray Digital Inc



    Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS



    Just Cinema Gear



    New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment



    Paralinx LLC



    FJS International



    Metropolis Post



    The Original Slider



    G-Force Grips



    Broadcast Solutions Inc



    Visual Products



    Abel Cine



    Wooden Camera



    CineLab



    Tai Audio



    Rig Wheels Passport



    Glidecam


    Cinematography Books and Gear
×
×
  • Create New...