Solaframe 3000

Hello!

For an upcoming feature film project I’m thinking of using High End Systems Solarframe 3000 fixtures in combination with CLRS reflectors to create direct sun beams through windows in a fairly large location.

Unfortunately I can only get the Ultra Bright Version and in combination with the internal TM-30 Filter the fixture should have a CRI of 84. 

Does any one have experience using this fixture? Regarding the not so perfect CRI should I be worried about color reproduction?

Solaframe Technial Datasheet
https://www.highend.com/documentation/SolaFrame 3000/SolaFrame_3000_Datasheet.pdf

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
Matthias

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Matthias Helldoppler said:

should I be worried about color reproduction?

Try it, but I wouldn't be hugely confident. If you can put a colour meter on it, look for the R9 red to be reasonable (over 70, say) and ensure it looks OK on people's skin. Then, if you have any particular production design choices to properly illuminate, test them.

It'll likely be a bit marginal, and very likely to lack red and therefore be poor on skin, but it's worth a try.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for your thoughts and sorry for my late reply.

I shot some tests with the Ultra Bright Version and TM-30 Filter and after looking looking at the results I wasn't really convinced. Neither the color reproduction nor the output was at the point where I wanted it to be.

So in the end I went with a couple of M90 and M40 instead and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for your help!