Beaulieu R16 charger and battery

Julien Fallecker

Hello!

I have a Beaulieu R16 with a re-celled battery, an old original charger and a Tenergy smart charger.  Do you think I can cut the smart charger wire and add the din plug of the old charger to it to be able to charge the battery?  otherwise is it possible with the old charger only to charge the new battery re-celled ?

thank you 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 12/16/2020 at 12:21 AM, Julien Fallecker said:

Hello!

I have a Beaulieu R16 with a re-celled battery, an old original charger and a Tenergy smart charger.  Do you think I can cut the smart charger wire and add the din plug of the old charger to it to be able to charge the battery?  otherwise is it possible with the old charger only to charge the new battery re-celled ?

thank you 

Yes, I used a Tenergy charger for my re-celled R16 battery.  But instead of cutting up the old charger, I bought the correct new 3-pin DIN socket and soldered it on the wires from the Tenergy.  Making very very very very sure to get the correct wires on the correct socket pins of course!

The old charger isn't going to do much of a job charging your re-celled battery, assuming it's much higher capacity with newer technology (NiMh) cells.

Duncan

• 2 months later...