HD&After Effects?

Katarina

HI! I AM CAMERA STUDENT AND I GOT CHANCE TO SHOOT MY GRADUATE FILM ON SONY HDW 750P.THAT WILL BE FEATURE FILM WITH THE FINAL OUTPUT ON 35MM.OFCORSE ,WE HAVE LOW BUDGET BUT GREAT AMBITIOUS ,AND PREMIERE PRO AND AFTER EFFECTS 6 (MAYBE COMBUSTION)ARE SOFTWARES WE WILL USE.

MOVIE IS MIX OF SF AND TEENAGE HORROR ACTION WITH TO MANY COMPOSITING AND COLOR CORRECTIONS .

PRINT TO FILM WILL BE ON LASERGRAPHICS P+ AND I HEARD FOR SOME LOOK-UP TABELS FOR MATCHING PICTURE FROM MONITOR AND PICTURE WHO COMES FROM LASER,BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHING PRACTICALLY.

DID ANYBODY HAVE EXPIRIENCE WITH THIS SOFTWARES,LASER AND WHAT WAS RESULT?

EVERY KIND OF INFORMATION WILL BE PRECIOUS TO ME. THANKS! FONT=Impact]

Well HD works great with After Effects. I have done TV shows with it for several years. The G5 makes the process even smoother - on a G4 it got a little sluggish at times.

As for laying off to film, I would suggest seeing if your lay off system (whatever one it ends up being) can simply do what is sometmes called "VGA space" - but basically instead of trying to match your work to something etherial, it matches to your work. This has worked best when I'm laying off to film - especially using 8bit 2k files. If you are using cineon files, then AE has a way for you to "convert on the fly" the viewing of these files so they look somewhat close to what will end up on film - but they are not exact - just better than the very washed out native look of cineon files (what it shows you is simply a representation of what the actual data is in normal mode).

Hope some of that helps.

Remember to type in lower case and not all caps when posting to boards just for internet ediquette.