What causes ECN-2 processed film to develop white spots seen in scan?

Tested out processing ECN-2 for the first time. I heard prior to processing that white spots can appear in scanning the film when the remjet layer isn't completely removed, or the film wasn't washed / stabilized well enough causing bacteria to develop on the film. During the prebath, I couldn't see any coloration left coming out of the tank, assuming the remjet was gone. And after processing I also ran a wet micro fiber cloth down the film to hopefully remove any left over remjet. For the wash, I soaked the film in it for about a minute.

Can a trained eye tell me what these white spots appear to be from this scan?

Thanks.

test.jpg

test2.jpg

Edited by Seth Baldwin

• Seth Baldwin changed the title to What causes ECN-2 processed film to develop white spots seen in scan?
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks a lot like remjet particles sticking to the film after it was dried.  You could examine those sections of the film with a strong loupe, and then try removing it with some 90% or greater Isopropyl alcohol.   If it comes off, and the image area under still shows normal density and develoment...then that is the problem.  If on the other hand, that part of the film is blank/clear....then something stuck to the emulsion and also prevented effective development of that part of the film.

• Like 1