I'm really curious how these title cards where made. Anybody has a idea how they did it?

David Schoonderveej

So I have this question in my head for some time and i really don't have a clue how they did it. My best guess would be on film with some kind of light box behind the title card and gel or digitaly. But if anybody has a idea how the process is done to get this as an final image i would love to hear it!

It got a film like feeling but also not. I just watched it again and now it feels like it try's to recreate film titles with flicker, leaks and grain in a digital environment.

It's from a Dutch movie called Nocturne made in 2019. Very nouvelle vague(Godard) and modern nouvelle vague(Leos carax) inspired.  Relatively cool movie... doesn't really have a lot of own character because most of it is a copy of Leos Carax his Mauvais Sang(1986). It has it's own story but the cinematography style is sometimes directly copied. Still pretty good copy though.

CLICK HERE FOR THE TRAILER OF NOCTURNE(2019) to see  examples of the title cards.

Thanks in advance,

David

Do you have any specific one in mind? 

Most of those are relatively simple effects and animations that can be achieved using both digital and traditional methods, but the execution of the trickier ones (as well as the potential cost savings) would suggest digital.