Sending Film in the Mail to be Developed

Jon Salimes

Finally shot my first roll of 16mm on my new camera. I'm ready to get it developed and am trying Video & Film Solutions in MD. I'm in Oregon and will need to ship it there. Anybody have any suggestions as to how to do this safely and securely? 

• Premium Member

It should be fine. We ship film all over the country on a regular basis and haven't had a lick of problems related to shipping. The days of those problems happening are behind us. Simply write on the box "unexposed film do not x-ray" and you should be fine. 

On 1/22/2021 at 4:48 PM, Jon Salimes said:

Finally shot my first roll of 16mm on my new camera. I'm ready to get it developed and am trying Video & Film Solutions in MD. I'm in Oregon and will need to ship it there. Anybody have any suggestions as to how to do this safely and securely? 

I've sent 16mm and 35mm all over the country for years. If it's one or two rolls, I will send it priority mail USPS. If I shoot 1000' feet or more, I will usually ship it Fedex 2-Day or Overnight. I've never had an issue. I think the best thing you can do, is to communicate with the lab directly and try to time it well for a quick turn around.