WTB Arri Standard rear lens cap

Duncan Brown

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Jim Perry said:

Hi,  might I recommend using the cardboard tube from paper towels and some tape. It's a perfect fit on mine. Price is right as well. 

Haha, that's a little too low-budget even for me.  I've seen a bunch of lenses on eBay with some sort of red plastic cap that looks like it was made to cap off PVC pipe or something, but haven't yet figured out where they come from.

Duncan

• Premium Member

Here's a picture of one of the eBay ones seen in lens sales ads.  I've definitely seen caps like that used on plastic pipes, but can't seem to locate a supplier for ones that size.

Duncan

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 12.24.34 PM copy.jpg

• Premium Member

Hey there they are!  Less than a buck apiece (but you have to purchase 20, which explains why you have a whole box of them I guess!)  Thanks for the part number.

https://www.amazon.com/Caplugs-99394926-Plastic-Long-Threaded-Connector/dp/B077DBQZ8C

ETA: they're precisely the right diameter, and about twice as long as they need to be, which could either be left alone, or easily sliced down to size.

Duncan

Edited by Duncan Brown

• Premium Member

You can also get twice as many for about the same price if you get them more like the correct length (RC-26):

https://www.amazon.com/Caplugs-99391222-Plastic-Threaded-Connectors/dp/B077DDBSYV/

I may do a little more measurement of my various lenses before deciding which to buy..

Duncan

Edited by Duncan Brown

• Premium Member

OK, my wider lenses definitely need more than the 1" or so depth of the shorter one, so the longer one would universally fit any Arri-S lens, I think,  I'll order some of those!  (RCL-20)

Duncan