Davinci render cache question

Dan Hasson

Hi,

I've been editing a project for a few months now and just realised all the render cache was being saved to my desktop and has taken up a huge amount of room. So on the project settings I have moved the destination folder to the drive I'm editing off and have synced up the cache folder from the desktop.

My question is, now I have synced and moved the destination for the future render cache of the same project, am I able to delete the folders from my desktop?

It seems logical that this should be completely fine to do. But better safe than sorry so thought I'd check and hopefully get a response from someone who has better knowledge of davinci.

Thank,s

Dan 

• Premium Member

I hope you're referring to the caches not the Davinci Resolve folder. 

But yes you can try throwing the caches away (not deleting them) and making sure the project still opens, that's what I do when I don't know. You can always bring it back from the trash/recycle bin if you want. 

4 hours ago, Tyler Purcell said:

I hope you're referring to the caches not the Davinci Resolve folder. 

But yes you can try throwing the caches away (not deleting them) and making sure the project still opens, that's what I do when I don't know. You can always bring it back from the trash/recycle bin if you want. 

I am referring to the caches yes.

Thats a great idea, I'll try that. Thank you for getting back to me Tyler!

Yes you can always delete the cache folders of Davinci and it will still work but it will take some time before it will run smooth again.

I've had this happen a couple of times on our workstations and I just delete all the cache since the bulk is usually from older projects that have been finished. 

On 1/27/2021 at 5:09 PM, Vital Butinar said:

Yes you can always delete the cache folders of Davinci and it will still work but it will take some time before it will run smooth again.

I've had this happen a couple of times on our workstations and I just delete all the cache since the bulk is usually from older projects that have been finished. 

Hey,

Nice one Vital. Thank you for the info and the response!

Dan