Angenieux 10-150 remount possibilities

• Premium Member

My CP-16R died today.  Its mostly not worth fixing.  However, I do enjoy using that lens on special projects and I don't want to give it up.  I have the 10-150 zoom for 16mm in CP mount. 

What are my options for using this in PL, EF, or something else more useful?  I looked online and couldn't find an appropriate part, and I'm happy to send it off for re-mounting, but I don't want to pay thousands.  I also can't seem to find a CP to whatever adapter so I could just keep the original CP mount.

Any thoughts? 

• Premium Member

Du-All has a few CP-16 adapters - most work the other way, allowing Arri B or S mount lenses to be used on a CP-16 camera, but there is one adapting CP-16 lenses to MFT:

http://duallcamera.com/store/MountsandAdapters.htm

You could probably have someone like Les Bosher make an adapter to C mount, but it might cost more than the lens is worth. 

10-150 zooms are pretty cheap on eBay, most sell for less than $500. Because they don’t cover S16, and they’re fairly ubiquitous and vintage, you shouldn’t pay more than that. The easiest route is probably to sell yours and buy another one in a more adaptable mount, like Arri Bayonet or C mount.

Unless someone happens to have the original Angenieux parts, having the zoom remounted would definitely cost more than the lens is worth.

• 2 months later...

Ken Hale of Whitehouse Audiovisual remounted in stainless steel, the Angenieux 10-150mm zoom. I have one. With some examples of the lenses, there may be difficulty with interference to the aperture control ring. I bought the PL-Mount from Ken and fitted it myself in Australia. I would not recommend this route unless you have some serious fine mechanical skills for you will ruin something otherwise.