Bolex Single Frame Unit-3

Roger Cambell

Hello everyone, 

I recently purchased this Bolex Single Frame Unit-3. Unfortunately it does not work and a service technician I brought it to was unable to repair it. I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience working with one of these or motor like this that would work on the EBM? What would you recommend using for someone interested in doing time lapse animation, single frame or stop motion on an EBM? 

I would be interested in buying another Single Frame Unit-3 or a motor system that would work with my EBM if anyone happens to have one for sale also.

Thank you all for the help! Happy shooting.

SingleFrameUnit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one I use on my Bolex SB.  I can't see there'd be any difference with the EBM with its 1:1 shaft.  It's a shame the technician couldn't repair it, maybe electronics is hard to fix ? Don't know. 

It has very useful 4 and 8 second exposures. Ideal for doing go-motion type effects avoiding 'staccato' stop-frame if you need to, and for more light too.

• 2 months later...
On 3/29/2021 at 4:51 AM, Doug Palmer said:

I've got one I use on my Bolex SB.  I can't see there'd be any difference with the EBM with its 1:1 shaft.  It's a shame the technician couldn't repair it, maybe electronics is hard to fix ? Don't know. 

It has very useful 4 and 8 second exposures. Ideal for doing go-motion type effects avoiding 'staccato' stop-frame if you need to, and for more light too.

Thank you for your response. I got it working by buying a new motor. Glad you have been able to use yours.