Arri 16SRI Eyepiece Monitor

Hey there, 

i recently bought an Arriflex SR1 16mm camera and I just sent the batteries to be repaired by a company in Munich. 
As the camera doesn’t really have an option to attach a monitor, I‘ve been thinking about installing something additional on the viewfinder. Do you guys have any experience whatsoever about that? I‘d be glad to hear from you. All the best,

phil.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Phil,

im in the process of building an eyepiece video tap for my Beaulieu r16. 

I purchased this camera: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DYV815S?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

and I’m attaching to the eyepiece using extension adapters made for telescopes. 

Photos are of a bolex video tap Duall camera makes that functions the same way

CD00E47A-B51E-40D5-B220-0CDBBD01D90B.webp F13CCF0A-7E54-484A-910E-9C897EF58666.webp

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Here are some pics of an eyepiece camera project I did a while back for the SR. The video camera is a "Hayear 1080P 60FPS 2K Full HD 16MP HDMI" microscope camera. Video lens is 12mm. The camera is attached to the SR with a 3D-printed bracket, and is powered by the monitor battery from the monitor's accessory output. The eyepiece can be swung away from the camera for direct viewing. Aligning the eyepiece to capture the view is a bit fiddly but workable. The view on the monitor is decently sharp (not so great at the edges.) Dicey to pull focus on I'd say. Maybe in controlled and favorable conditions. The color is not very good in low light (picture shows view at T2, Elite 20mm.) 

Arri_SR_1a.jpg.eaa2cd44b918a82c5a111b9c2558fb5c.jpgArri_SR_2a.jpg.54ce4df9f538708de75d8968c26142a2.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

@Chris MacDonald @Giray Izcan @Kevin Neal Thanks for the responses! In the Process of Building, I actually found a Video tap. 
I am just not 100% sure if it fits on the sr1, you guys got any experience with that and also how to power it, I tried looking for a 11 pin battery but I haven‘t been lucky yet. 
https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufen/d/arri-arriflex-sr-video-ausspiegelung-cinegate-546668593/