Have you Googled yourself...are you happy with your online presence?

A gal wrote me and wanted to be buddies on LinkedIn. I used to have thousands of connections back in the day. Then one day I went too far and LinkedIn closed my account. I lost everything including the thousands of connections.  I was able to rejoin a few years later, but now am very choosy who I buddy up with and also what I post there. 

A gal wrote me to ask to be my buddy there. She claimed to be an artist. Lots of people write me to be my buddy. I Google them and see where they are at with their 'so-called' career. Lots of BS'ers out there. 

This gals name was Sona Sahakian

Here is her image search...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sona+Sahakian&sxsrf=ALeKk00rTyQSoHK8XwAfWHGRML0gu1fVig:1617290518758&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwisuPnWrN3vAhVQZc0KHQ5XAfQQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1312&bih=865

Well, she does art, so I approved her as a buddy. 

I'm visually oriented, not text oriented. Intellectuals are text oriented. I don't like reading about people much. I may do it later if something about them hits me. But in 5 seconds a Google image search sums them up pretty well. I have no time to waste.

Have you Googled yourself...are you happy with your online presence?

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.
Posted (edited)

I think I’m safe. Google “Justin Hayward“ and see what you get.

edit: and no, my parents did not do that on purpose.

Edited by Justin Hayward

I used to be completely overwhelmed by the naval architect, but unfortunately I've done a bit of writing since then.

I don't do social media of any kind, I no longer maintain a website, and if people want to find me online I tend to direct them here.

Just googled my name. It was funny - you know the small window in which Google usually shows information taken from Wikipedia? Well, apparently they aggregate the data from different sources. So, there I found my photo combined with Wikipedia text for a historical person who died 1935 and with the publication list showing books written by a third person. And the only thing we share is our name...

Media literacy - I really do hope people have that! (they don't)

I spent a lot of time getting my name to work on google searches, it's not easy. But it works and that's honestly how I get a lot of clients. Hopefully this year I can shoot some more and put together a decent demo reel. That's really all I'm lacking to be more viable than I already am. The more active you seem online, the easier it is to get work in my opinion. I only keep social media for the business aspects.