FS: Aaton s16 + lenses + nagra 4.2 FULL ANOGUE shooting kit

Heidi Barker

Hi, 

I am getting rid of my super16 Aaton kit. 
i bought it from an exBBC documentary maker a few years ago and the project that I was going to use it for never happened. 
so now it’s surplus to requirement. 
it’s an Aaton XTR prod. three mags,  I think these are ltr mags that have been adapted. batteries (1 definitely needs re-celling)
10 lenses made up of Carl zeiss primes, including distagon and planar, various vintage lenses, and zooms including canon. Matt boxes, filters, changing bags, a super sexy leather sound protector for the mags - this kit has been all over the world. 

All in flight cases - this is a pretty special kit. 

also have a nagra 4.2 (ex London film school) complete with all cables etc for a complete analogue kit 

I would prefer to sell as complete kit.

I will consider splitting the nagra and camera 

I WILL NOT split camera kit from the lenses.

ive not found a compatible kit to gauge a selling price. 

if I’m being crazy (too much or too little feel free to correct me)

I am in Lancashire UK - I would prefer buyer to inspect kit before purchase. 
bank transfer on collection only. 
happy to wait for the right buyer for this kit. 

£15,000 for nagra and shooting kit 

Please contact for more detailed photos.

1DCC1004-A535-4FFF-BB8E-D1ED402E9F19.jpeg

• Premium Member

That camera body ain't no prod FYI. That's a first gen XTR or XTR Plus. You will need individual pictures of each item you are selling in high resolution, different angles as well, in order to sell a camera like that, for the kind of money you're asking for. You can post the pictures on dropbox and simply link the folder here if you don't have enough picture posting ability (they limit to 9mb on the forum). 

Edited by Tyler Purcell
  • Upvote 1

• Premium Member

I'd love to see the gate of the camera, the display side of the camera and what the mirrored shutter looks like. Those are the 3 key pictures that will help sell it and identify what it is. So far it looks like an early generation Plus, but there are so many hack mods on this thing, it's so hard to tell. 

Also... those lenses, none of those are Super 16 lenses. I don't see a single magnification extender on any one of them and they are super old Gen 1 style superspeeds which have been adapted for Aaton mount. Maybe some of them offer 35mm coverage, but the zooms for sure don't. So you should check every lens and see if they vignette, I bet most of the wider ones do. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Heidi, you have a camera that is sought after, but to get the best price, I suggest you buy a big sheet of white paper as a backdrop and take pictures of the camera and lenses from various angles (and like Tyler said, of the gate, mirror, pressure plates of the mags).

aaton.JPG.2e1550fc5728fb7dd8f0bf93a107b246.JPG

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Tyler Purcell said:

Also... those lenses, none of those are Super 16 lenses. I don't see a single magnification extender on any one of them and they are super old Gen 1 style superspeeds which have been adapted for Aaton mount. Maybe some of them offer 35mm coverage, but the zooms for sure don't. So you should check every lens and see if they vignette, I bet most of the wider ones do. 

I only see one Zeiss Super Speed, the 12mm f1.2. They are S16 lenses FYI, even Gen 1.

The other Zeiss lenses - 35, 50, 85 and 135 - look like full frame Contax lenses with Aaton mount adapters, so no problem covering S16.

The Angenieux zooms are standard 16 and will vignette at the wide end, but the Canon 8-64 may not. It looks like a converted TV zoom rather than the S16 cine version. There looks to be another Canon lens but I can’t tell what it is.

There is also an Angenieux 5.9mm which is a standard 16 lens, though it very nearly covers S16.

No idea what the 9mm lens is, just see the cap. 

9 hours ago, Dom Jaeger said:

No idea what the 9mm lens is, just see the cap. 

That one is a bit of a mystery... behind that top are aperture rings and a mount to go on the camera but that’s it. that top part is metal. 

• 2 weeks later...