Picture Pulses/Breaths

IvanKane

Hi

my 16mm Eclair NPR was just tested and the picture pulses/breaths you know, not completely steady. Any idea what I can do about that?. What if I let the camera run

for a while?, it hasn't been used for about 2 years.

Maybe that will help?. The motor I have is newly

serviced Perfectone, Governed control so it can't be

the motor's fault, unless they did a bad service.

PS

My lens is Angenieux zoom lens, 12_120mm.

????

Any recommendation how to over all maintain the Eclair NPR?

Thanks Guys:)

Didn't understand if it is the exposure that pulses or breaths or do you have poor steadyness?

If your image is not steady it might be a problem with the magazin. Check if it's sits tight on the body. Do you have several mags? If yes, try another.

Make shure the loop is correct, 6 perfs on each side.

I had a steadyness-problem with one of my magazines, it's a little loose on the body, when shooting on shoulder it's ok because you push it on the body, on trypod I have to put something between the motor and the mag to push it. The other mag works fine.

hope this helps.

• Premium Member

Image ''breaths '', is usually caused by two things: 1 insuficient loop, or 2: the pull-down claw hiting the negative, so check if there are any small marks by the perforation that indicate this.I hope that we are talking for flicker free lights here, so has nothing to do with lighting?

Dimitrios

Edited by Dimitrios Koukas

• 2 weeks later...
Image ''breaths '', is usually caused by two things: 1 insuficient loop, or 2: the pull-down claw hiting the negative, so check if there are any small marks by the perforation that indicate this.I hope that we are talking for flicker free lights here, so has nothing to do with lighting?

Dimitrios

Thanks guys :)