Zeiss 8mm t2.1 standard speed repair

Hi! 
I'd like to repair my zeiss 8mm t2.1 standard speed lens for 16mm camera's. The focus markings are not correct anymore. Looking through the viewfinder gives me an estimate that the 3m mark is actually infinity. It works but my close focus is very long because of this. My local rental house tried to service it but said they could only repair it by changing it to another mount. I was wondering, could it be a back focus problem? Or does the whole focus mechanism needs to be serviced. 
If so, do you maybe have an address here in Europe? (living in the netherlands myself)
Thanks in advance!

• Premium Member

Usually if the focus marks are off it's a back-focus problem, yes. If you are focussing through infinity and losing close focus then the lens needs to sit further away from the film plane.

From memory the 3m mark is not so far from the infinity mark, so it may be a small shift. 

It's unusual to happen suddenly though, unless someone opened it up, or are you perhaps using a different adapter or a different camera? If you push or pull on the front of the lens does the focus shift much?

• Like 1