'For Artists Only'...1941

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

I pulled out the Retroscan to do some film scanning. A big problem for me is I have no room to work. If I flatbed scan I do that, if I want to use the large format sheet-fed scanner, I have to put away the flatbed scanner. Same deal with film scanning. I am going to have to do some copy stand work shortly, so the Retroscan will have to be put away. I used to do more work on the floor, but my back got wrecked for a month after a copy stand marathon on the floor. So I try to stick with table work now for long jobs. 

I got about (8) 16mm scans done over the last couple days. I have lots of old nudie-cuties that have warnings intertitles that say 'For Artists Only' but I never came across a film with it as its title. They also said it was for cinematographers in the intertitle, so I thought of you guys and gals.

nsfw

For Artists Only Nudists 1941 D.D.Teoli Jr. A.C. : D.D.Teoli Jr. A.C. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

It seems it was a common method to get around censorship for nudie films by putting the warning that only artists could view it. I got a couple of nice sound 'artists only' reels. I hope to spend some time with AEO Light in the upcoming months to learn how to extract sound from the film scans. If you need to convert a scanned optical sound track into sound, check it out . I never tried it but am keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.