eBay shutting down 'Adult Only' section

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Don't know if affects you guys or gals much, but that is where I got a lot of my 16mm, 8mm stags and ancient VHS tapes for the Archive. As well as adult related paper ephemera.

Email from eBay 5.13.21...

"We have revised our Adults Items policy. Starting June 15, 2021, items showing sexual activity, sexual content or sexually suggestive poses will no longer be allowed on eBay.com. Everything Else > Adult Only will no longer be available as a category. No new listings will be allowed in the Adult Only category and good-til-cancelled listings will be ended upon their renewal date.

If you still have items in the Adult Only category on June 15, we will begin removing them. You may relist items that comply with the updated policy.

Please familiarize yourself with the updated policy. Not all Adult Only category items will be allowed to be relisted. To determine which items can be revised and relisted in an appropriate eBay category, please see below."

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

eBay's new listing policy related to nudity leaves a very vague area left up to their individual  employees to interpret on a case by case basis. In other words, one seller is going to list a DVD that will be allowed by one eBay employee who is policing listings and another seller will be restricted for the same DVD being listed. I had this happen to me before the Adult section was eliminated. I listed a movie that was rated 18a in Canada (R-rated) and used those words in the listing title. The item was removed, I got a 3 day selling restriction and upon appeal, eBay upheld the selling restriction. I repeat, other sellers were selling the same movie in the regular DVD section and only mine got removed - with an account restriction. They need more specific language in their "policy". No one really knows what is and isn't allowed. It is really distressing that they don't even really know what is and isn't allowed!