Arri SR parts

• Premium Member

Hey guys, 

I'm doing a restoration on a water damaged SR (body is in ok shape). I've already done quite a bit of work and I believe the board, motor, movement is in good shape. I'm looking for some parts to replace ones that I don't want to repair or fix and wondering if anyone has anything lying around, even if the parts aren't in great shape but are working. 

- PL mount front housing 
- On off switch cover 
- Complete viewfinder 
- Handle 
- Battery charger 
- OE Battery on-board battery adaptor 

I'll also need 2 magazines as the ones I got were trash. They'd need to be bead blasted and re-painted, not something I'm very interested in doing. 

If ya got parts, let me know in a PM

Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2021 at 12:57 AM, Tyler Purcell said:

Hey guys, 

I'm doing a restoration on a water damaged SR (body is in ok shape). I've already done quite a bit of work and I believe the board, motor, movement is in good shape. I'm looking for some parts to replace ones that I don't want to repair or fix and wondering if anyone has anything lying around, even if the parts aren't in great shape but are working. 

- PL mount front housing 
- On off switch cover 
- Complete viewfinder 
- Handle 
- Battery charger 
- OE Battery on-board battery adaptor 

I'll also need 2 magazines as the ones I got were trash. They'd need to be bead blasted and re-painted, not something I'm very interested in doing. 

If ya got parts, let me know in a PM

Thanks! 

Are you still interested in these parts?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Robin Phillips said:

I've got 2 SR2 piggyback battery adapters listed on ebay. also have a bunch of SR3 parts, including fiber screens and pre-ivs video handles incase thats of any interest 

Oh cool can you send me a link?

Good to hear of another 16mm camera being saved. 

If you aren't doing anything with the trash magazines it came with, at least put them on eBay or something so they're still in circulation, I'm sure someone will fix them. 

This was posted a while ago now, any updates on fixing the camera?

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Aren Madsen said:

This was posted a while ago now, any updates on fixing the camera?

Been super busy, but when I get some money together, I'm gonna start the parts gathering process. I need good magazines first. Can't test with my current ones they are totally destroyed. 

• Upvote 1