DP Available in Toronto

Guest Kyle Kurbegovich

Guest Kyle Kurbegovich

Hey guys, just finished a 16mm feature and now I'm free for hire again, thought I would post an updated resumé, im still relatively new to the film industry, so any comments on my resumé would be much appreciated. Take care...

Kyle Kurbegovich

Peacekeeper Productions

kyle.kurbegovich

Resume.doc

• Premium Member

well, if you want to work as a cinematographer then the work you have done in that specific position should be the first thing on your resume. it's sort of like reading the head lines of a news paper on the upper fold. studies have shown that most people don't even read the articles much less get to the bottom fold of the paper.

just as with the show reel being shorter with great shots; so should the resume be shorter with only the relevant items. personally i don't care if you've ever worked at a golf course.

i know you're just starting out. but you should start now on focusing (at least on paper) on what you really wish to be.

another way of looking at this is this:

i've been doing this for ten years: p.a., grip, electrician, gaffer. now i am just starting to get operator and dp calls. i have only in the last year started putting ANY of my shooting jobs on a resume. And that resume is ONLY shooting jobs. I have a seperate gaffer's resume. I never had a grip or a p.a. resume. (i am in no way comparing p.a.'s and grips. it's just that i was a lousy grip and never could get any real work as one.) and of course the real truth is that in all this time i've been asked for a resume about 5 times.

did this help?

good luck

FB