FS: 1966 Bolex REX 4, Rexofader, grip, and SOM Berthiot lenses

Philip Forrest

Selling my Bolex REX 4 simply because I need to work towards funding a car to replace my ancient, rusting 1972 diesel Benz (which also happens to be for sale locally.)

I got a camera last year and it's been fantastic. I haven't had any time to get any film developed but I've shot 4x100 feet with it recently and have never had any jamming issues. 

The camera runs smoothly and steadily, pulling evenly for 44 seconds at 16f/s, and 32 seconds at 24f/s. There is no corrosion anywhere on or in the camera. That said, I think the original mastic light seal may be still there as it's hard, so this probably could use a CLA. There is some dust in the viewfinder. The plastic eyepiece adjuster also could be replaced as it was cracked when I received the camera, and there are none available which I can find, so I fixed it myself using a little bit of heat to weld the plastic adjuster. It works perfectly as it is. I was going to have it replaced with a CLA this year. Camera comes with a late Octameter with the 10mm aux diopter. Also will include 1 Bolex c mount cap, turret lock, and 1 generic c mount cap. Cosmetically, this is a really beautiful camera but at this point I can't afford to be keeping it. Asking $450 OBO.

Also selling a Rexofader 40 and Surefire grip with working cable and connector. $75

Also for sale are 2 lenses. Both are SOM Berthiot H16 RX lenses:

First is a 10mm f/1.9 Cinor (with hood) which I wrote about permanently fixing the weak aperture blades. I performed this fix on this lens and it has worked well. Focus is smooth but slightly dry in my opinion. Small amount of dust in this optic. Asking $100.

Second is a 25mm f/1.4 Cinor (with hood). Aperture blades are clean, glass is excellent with a small amount of haze and dust when put against the "flashlight test." Asking $150.

I will ship using USPS with full insurance, tracking and direct signature confirmation. Shipping will be calculated. I can take paypal and the fees are on me.

I'm located in Philadelphia if anyone wants to check it out, run a test roll, save shipping cost, etc. Send me a PM for photos.

Thanks all.

Phil Forrest

I don't want to deal with ebay and all the hassle/risk/fees. I'd rather keep it than have an ebay headache.

I got this camera from a good friend and I feel that I don't want to take advantage of the low price I paid and make a big profit. I listed the issues it has and feel that it could use a CLA. I was in line to get it done by Bernie last winter.

NOTE: as of 11:44 am EDT, the camera is tentatively sold. I will update with any changes.

thanks all,

Phil Forrest