What does monopod weight limit mean?

I just purchased a Sirui p-324sr carbon fiber because from experience I've found a monopod is a lot better than a tripod for wedding videography. My intended fluid head/camera combo weighs 12lbs altogether, so at a rating of 22lbs, I thought this monopod would work. I have been testing it before taking it on a job, and with 5 x 5lb weight plates centered on top, it doesn't budge, doesn't bend, nothing. However, with actual 12lb of camera, lens and fluid head it does start to flex noticeably, though is still stable on the floor. To test the limit, I tried my Arri 16BL with a zoom lens ~19lbs and unsurprisingly it flexes even more. It's difficult to find a center balance point, as it seems to bend forward or back no matter where I position the camera. Though I was surprised with the Arri it still did not tip until it was at max height, thanks to the wide feet. The flex had no permanent effect on the monopod.

I'm not knocking this monopod, it seems like good quality otherwise, and I realize 75% of the time I'm probably not using it with a zoom/telephoto lens, but considering it does flex with 12lb payload that I'm going to be using on jobs, am I better off getting something rated for 30 or 40lbs, or is weight rating meaningless and it will flex no matter what because monopods aren't really meant for camcorders/cinema cameras?

Edited by Gabe Agoado