Monitor Signal Goes Black and White

oscar jimenez

Hi, I own a DXC D50 Camera with DVCam Dockable recorder. Having some situation lately, monitor out signal is switching from color to B&W, like if you are watching signal coming out from the recorder whe it is recorded by the drum. I have gone through the manual with no luck, has anybody had any experiences like this? any info is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you very much

Oscar

• Premium Member
Hi, I own a DXC D50 Camera with DVCam Dockable recorder.  Having some situation lately, monitor out signal is switching from color to B&W, like if you are watching signal coming out from the recorder whe it is recorded by the drum. I have gone through the manual with no luck, has anybody had any experiences like this? any info is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you very much

Oscar

M8,this is happenning only with your camera on? or with any source?

If it's only with your camera, check the male plug it has on board(the one u plug your BNC at) usually the monitor out, video out or test out.

If it happens with any source then check your bnc cable, replace it, and also check the video in at your monitor.

Regards

Dimitrios Koukas

Thank you Dimitros, have checked both. Have tried several BNC cables, and monitor. It just keeps happening specially when camera is turned on for long time.

When it happens, I plug the BNC cable to a different output ( usually I like to have it on Monitor Out, since I can see all the camera data on monitor ) Then I'll switch it to Video out on the camera Body and video out on the camcorder, it is the same, it goes out as a B&W signal.\