300mm f2.0 Missing Mount (and aperture)

I impulse bought a 300mm f2.0 Nikkor that was being sold for parts. It seems to be missing the mount but otherwise intact. What can I do to get this lens working? Ideally PL mount.

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 6.45.57 PM.jpg

Edited by M Joel W

• 3 weeks later...

I think I was wrong about the aperture. It seems to be missing the rear module:

http://www.company7.com/library/nikon/Nikon_0300f2.html

Is that replaceable? The lens is in beautiful condition otherwise. Glass is super clean. @Dom Jaeger I've heard Panavision converted these. Did they use the original aperture or add a new one? I think Century Optics did too but I doubt they do anymore.

IMG_1977.jpg

• Premium Member
On 7/21/2021 at 2:30 AM, M Joel W said:

I think I was wrong about the aperture. It seems to be missing the rear module:

http://www.company7.com/library/nikon/Nikon_0300f2.html

Is that replaceable? The lens is in beautiful condition otherwise. Glass is super clean. @Dom Jaeger I've heard Panavision converted these. Did they use the original aperture or add a new one? I think Century Optics did too but I doubt they do anymore.

I've never seen one - I think there are only two or three Panavised ones.. Nikon didn't made very many and they were insanely expensive. Canon FD 300mm f/2.8 was much more commonly adapted for cine use.

Looks like it just needs the rear module with aperture, filter slot and mount, as you say. No idea where you'd find one though! Might be something a lens re-housing company might be able to make, but it wouldn't be cheap. Then again, you could probably sell a working version for many thousands, they're pretty rare. Still super fast 40 years later! 

Where did you pick this up?