Film and location camperison

Lance Lucero

I went on a road trip at the end of May 2021 of the Four Corners area in the USA.  I took my Canon 1014 XL-S super 8 camera with me and shot some footage of key locations from major motion pictures:

Lake Powell, in the same locations where PLANET OF THE APES, 1969 was shot.  The Arizona Meteor Crater, where STARMAN, 1984, was shot.  And Paria, Utah where THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES, 1976 was shot.

I shot new footage that I might use for the sequel to my award winning western short film THE LAST RESORT, which I am calling  BEWARE THE BOUNTY KILLER, in the exact location where the end of THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALESwas shot.  I nailed it!  Check out the picture of my comparison.

BountyKillerJoseyWales_01

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

I only get to do these things on Google Maps at the moment, but yesterday I found myself wandering around Brooklyn looking at fairly nondescript street corners used for The Interpreter. Nobody seems to like The Interpreter, but I have a big soft spot for it; a nice blend of realism and drama.

I once shocked a New York native by walking down Hatton Garden in London and pointing out it had doubled Manhattan in Eyes Wide Shut. Other than being straight with regularly-spaced crossing streets it looks very little like Manhattan and the amount of stuff they had to truck in to make it work was massive.

Eyes Wide Shut at Hatton Garden - filming location

London Filming Locations: Eyes Wide Shut (1999) | Tokyo Fox (東京狐)

Huge raid on safety deposit boxes in London's jewellery quarter of Hatton  Garden | London Multimedia News

• Like 1