Sign in to follow this  
Mario C. Jackson

Enhancer and polarizer

Personally I am becoming more of a fan of the Enhancer but I still love the Polarizer. What do you guys think? Could you use it indoors? Could you use it outdoors with the polarizer? If so what would it look like? Let me know what you guys think?

Mario C. Jackson

I've never been a tremendous fan of the enhancer for what it does to flesh. Somebody once said Enhancers are only good for landscapes and bears, and though I haven't shot bears, I'm inclinde to agree.

Even if I had one in in a wide shot for some reason, I would generally pull it for the close-ups, because it makes every little blemish in the skin really pop out.

However, combining a Pola and an Enhancer shouldn't effect the performance of one or the other, you'll just get that poppy Pola look combined with that saturated red enhancer look.

Like everything, though, a test would let you know for sure.

chuck

Personally I am becoming more of a fan of the Enhancer but I still love the Polarizer. What do you guys think? Could you use it indoors? Could you use it outdoors with the polarizer? If so what would it look like? Let me know what you guys think?

Mario C. Jackson

Mario,

Always it depends of what subject you are shooting.

As you have allready noticed, enchancing filters are magentaish, wich means that they will take out some of the green of your scene that maybe is good for some emulsions, enchances the red's and blue tones of every source.

In a skin, it will pop out any skin dirts or things that maybe an actor never seen in a photo of his/hers before.

A pola on the other way will do a job neutral in colour.

Regards

Dimitrios Koukas