Inexpensive Morning Light

Aaron Rabin

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to create a cold, morning light, comparable to Harris Savidas' mornings in The Game. I don't have money for HMI's, but I get the impression there could be an equally interesting way to employ either fluorescents (although I prefer blue to green) or something else close to a practical light. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

• Premium Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to create a cold, morning light, comparable to Harris Savidas' mornings in The Game. I don't have money for HMI's, but I get the impression there could be an equally interesting way to employ either fluorescents (although I prefer blue to green) or something else close to a practical light. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

Use fluorescents at 8 banks, and if you want to do it yourself use digital ballasts, you can even dim the fluo's with this.Use some short of cardboard paper to hook the lights on it.

Dimitrios Koukas

D.o.P.

• Premium Member

Hey,

A couple more production facts will help get answers. Will the window (source) be in the shot? Do you want to create the illusion of blueness or whiteness by putting a warmer light into the shot or will you achieve your illusion be the source color alone? Can you simply let a real window provide the effect by changing scheduling or set?