The shins

Zero 7

Thievery Corporation

The Cure

Oysterhead

Massive Attack

Interpol

Cibo Matto

I wish I had something smart to say, like "classical" or "the acoustic works of Spanish guitarist blah blah blah", but my tastes are rather pedestrian. . .

Guns n Roses

Alice in Chains

System of a Down (but ONLY Toxicity)

And. . .the radio.

Annie? What? DJ and 1st AC? No no no. That will never do! You must FOCUS in this business! No other passions for you! Bad Annie! Bad!

Well ya know...I get to set, I grab a coffee, and then I ROCK OUT while I build the camera. Sometimes I play drums with the support rods. :P

But now that you mention it, this industry has definitely taken top priority for me. Case in point, I sold my Nine Inch Nails tickets to AC on a shoot instead! (Then again I've already seen them twice and the new album is not that great)

• Premium Member

Talking about music on sets, no, for sure, unlesss yuo work on a video clip and listen to the same song over anover all day, but, I loved to listen to music while doing camera prep and tests, made me feel like times passes faster...

I listen to : Eric Clapton, John Mayall, Tony Joe White, Steve Ray Vaughan, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, The Police, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Sones, Lou Reed, Velvet underground, The Doors, Joe Cocker, Janis Joplin, Different known "Jazz-Rock" bands (Chick Corea, Aldimeola, Return to Forever, Stanley Clarke, etc.) Jazz (Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Parker...) Classical : Elisabethan music, Bach, Mozart, and french singer : Serge gainsbourg

When you do the camera tests, a good "music only" radio is great too.

In Paris, we like this one a lot (it just gives you traffic and basic information as well) :

http://ogg.tv-radio.fr:1441/encoderfip.ogg

it's all day in Panavision Prep studio

This one is a bit more eclectic : http://217.71.214.37:8000

We have another one - in english ! - we listen to at Panavision Cannes but the link doesn't work. Their site : http://www.rivieraradio.mc/listen.html

• Premium Member
There are things I'll ALWAYS listen to like Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, the Who and the Beatles. Then I go in phases of listening to Emmy Lou Harris (Wrecking Ball is fabulous), Sinead O'Connor (although she has cracked into the ALWAYS list), old stuff like Tommy James, Neil Young, newer stuff like Radiohead, Moby, Coldplay? Yes, Coldplay. Then there's U2 ((although the newer U2 is mostly crap), Bruce Springsteen (who's STILL writing good stuff), etc. Lot's of Irish music.

Plus I love the original Cowsills recordings of "Hair". So I, too, like a good show tune.

Even that I have my times of electronic, rnb etc music, my tastes are quit similar with Tim, except Dylan and the beatles.

Also some eighty's stuff like the mission, the sound, Cure etc.

Manic street preachers I liked a lot and David Gray.

Dimitrios Koukas

"BUT NEVER ANY COUNTERY!"

I'll second that.

I'll third that!! Same with rap.

Here's some of mine:

Reverend Horton Heat, The Who, The Band, Hendrix, Zepplin, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tom Petty, Robert Plant, Radiohead, Coldplay, The Living End, Weezer, Miles Davis, Johnny Cash, George Thorogood, Massive Attack, The Code 46 soundtrack, Blue Bros. Soundtrack, Buena Vista Social Club, The Pogues, RHCP, Flogging Molly, Seu Jorge, the list goes on and on...

I listen to so much.

the academy is | adelphi | the all american rejects | andrew bird | ASG | at the drive in | avail | baba brooks | barrington levy | the beatles | beck | blink 182 | bloc party | bob marley | the boys at pency prep | boys night out | brand new | bright eyes | carter burwell | the clash | coheed and cambria | creation | creedence clearwater revival | csny | the cure | daphne loves derby | das oath | david bowie | death cab for cutie | dillinger escape plan | the early november | emery | e-town concrete | everytime i die | falloutboy | finch | from autumn to ashes | further seems forever | funeral for a friend | glassjaw | gratitude | thehasbeens | hawthorne heights | head automatica | hellogoodbye | hidden in plain view | the honorary title | hopesfall | houston calls | i can make a mess like nobody's business| it dies today | jack johnson | jets to brazil | jimmy eat world | kinison | the kinks | long beach dub allstars | mae | the mars volta | matchbook romance | midtown | motion city soundtrack | the movielife | muse | mxpx | new found glory | nick drake | nofx | northstar | oliver onions | op-ivy | paint it black | paul simon | pedro the lion | pepper | peter tosh | pete townshend | pink floyd | the postal service | the proclaimers | queen | race the sun | radiohead| the ramones | reel big fish | relient k | saosin | say anything | second place | sense fail | the shins | the smashing pumpkins | snapcase | socratic | something corporate | the spill canvas | the starting line | a static lullaby | straylight run | strikes again | sublime | taking back sunday | ted leo and the pharmacists | thrice | thursday | tokyo rose | the transplants | travis | underoath | unearth | unwritten law | the used | valient thorr | van morrison | the wailers | weezer | wesley willis | the who | yesterdays rising | zao | the ziggens | ziggy marley |

And much, much, much more.

FILM COMPOSERS: iin no particular order:

Danny Elfman, John Williams, Carter Burwell, Elmer Bernstein, Jerry Goldsmith, Brian Tyler, Mark Mothersbaugh, Chris Young, John Ottman, Harry Gregson Williams, John Powell, Jan AP Kaczmarek, Joseph Loduca, Dmitiri Tiomikin, Michael J Lewis, Bernard Herrmann, Alfred Newman, thomas Newman, Randy Newman, Rachel Portman, Steve Bartek, Clint Mansell, David Arnold, Dave Grusin, Christophe Beck, Jon Brion, Clint Mansell, Johnny Reinhold, Harold Faltermeyer, Hans Zimmer, Henry Mancini, Marc Shaiman, Mark Isham, James Horner, James Newton Howard, Jeff Beal, Maurice Jarre, Mike Giacchino, Nino Rota, Michael Kamen, Patrick Doyle, Phlip Glass, and some others.

lately a lot of mixed stuff. in terms of film music, i firmly believe alexandre desplat is fast on his way to a path of genius. his scores for "birth" and "hostage" are phenomenal.

in terms of other stuff, lately mostly (but not limited to): bloc party, minus the bear, american analog set, the strokes, interpol, belle and sebastian, the rapture, the faint, velvet underground, talking heads, television, ida, it dies today, kaki king, unearth, sigur ros, low, the postal service, dntel, converge, and midnight movies.

but am always on the lookout for new stuff.

lately a lot of mixed stuff. in terms of film music, i firmly believe alexandre desplat is fast on his way to a path of genius. his scores for "birth" and "hostage" are phenomenal.

in terms of other stuff, lately mostly (but not limited to): bloc party, minus the bear, american analog set, the strokes, interpol, belle and sebastian, the rapture, the faint, velvet underground, talking heads, television, ida, it dies today, kaki king, unearth, sigur ros, low, the postal service, dntel, converge, and midnight movies.

• Premium Member

I'm a bit of a musical anorexic. By that I mean I've never really refined my taste or appreciation for a variety of music and am often too apt to vomit it up. However, I find myself listening to The Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails (old stuff), Bjork, and a few others at home or in the car.

• Premium Member

I have listened to indie pop bands such as...

Death Cab For Cutie/Postal Service

Modest Mouse

Jem

Guster

Sigur Ros

Death In Vegas

Iron&Wine

Surprisingly, I also enjoy Mark Mothersbaugh soundtracks and talk radio from time to time.

Tara King Th. from the D.E.B.S. soundtrack is what I'm listening to at this very moment.

:ph34r: I am rather interesting when it comes to music. 90% of the time I don't have a cd in my vehicle containing American music, or in English for that matter. I listen to German music on a regular basis such as:

Rammstein

Megaherz

OOMPH!

Absolute Beginner

Blumentopf

Fettes Brot

Puhdys

Don't get me wrong, I do listen to a few English singing bands from time to time:

Nickelback

Metallica

SOAD

Thousand foot Krutch (after working with them I found I liked their music)

Spoken (same story as TFK)

Just don't tell my friends I listen to Nickelback, they might make fun of me <_<