Blurred Film

Brian Rose

Just got some test film back that I shot in my new Eclair. It was basically incomprehesible, with a blurred image that pulsed vertically. I was planning on sending it in to get serviced anyways, but I thought i might ask if anyone has enountered this problem before, and what it may hint at (i.e. improper loading of the magazine, shutter problem...)

I'd love any tips!

Best,

BR

• Premium Member
Just got some test film back that I shot in my new Eclair.  It was basically incomprehesible, with a blurred image that pulsed vertically.  I was planning on sending it in to get serviced anyways, but I thought i might ask if anyone has enountered this problem before, and what it may hint at (i.e. improper loading of the magazine, shutter problem...)

I'd love any tips!

Best,

BR

What Eclair?

The NPR or the ECL?

What u are telling me here is a bourage, the inability of the magazine to properly pull down the film.

Haven't u heard any weird noise while shooting?

Was the film came out nicely? Did the laboratory noticed anything?

If your film is ok and has not bends or scratches then it's an unsufficient loop.

Tell me what Eclair you have to tell u the loop.

DImitrios Koukas

Dimitrios

I apologize for not mentionig it. I have an Eclair NPR, with a Haflexx ultra compact motor. I inspected my film when I first loaded it, and there was not any noticeable defect or scratching, and when I ran the camera, it whirred along quite nicely and softly. When I load, I've been following the etched line for the formation of the loop, then I pull it over the pressure plate, and through the other side so that it is nice and firm in all places. I hope i'm loading it right. I've pretty much been going off practice, adn teh manual...

BR

• Premium Member
Dimitrios

I apologize for not mentionig it.  I have an Eclair NPR, with a Haflexx ultra compact motor.  I inspected my film when I first loaded it, and there was not any noticeable defect or scratching, and when I ran the camera, it whirred along quite nicely and softly.  When I load, I've been following the etched line for the formation of the loop, then I pull it over the pressure plate, and through the other side so that it is nice and firm in all places.  I hope i'm loading it right.  I've pretty much been going off practice, adn teh manual...

BR

Brian,

Did you noticed anything when u unloaded the film I was askin you, not when u have loaded it. I know NPR has a drawing on the magazine pressure plate side that says ''12 images'' and show u that u have to pull out the loop and then put it back six frames each side.

One thing that u should do, is use an allready developed 16mm film and run it with the lids open, so u will inspect the correct movement.

If anything looks ok then it's the pull down claw, or u haven't ''clicked'' the magazine in place.

Please tell me what happened, I will be here for further help.

Also u can buy sylvia's carlson, proffesional cameramans handbook from focal press, u will find many interesting things there about NPR.

The take up side should have emulsion facing out, it's a sign that u have loaded properly,(no offend here).

Tell me if u want me to e-mail u some scannings of the manual.

Dimitrios Koukas