Forming the loop for Eclair NPR

Brian Rose

Okay,

I initially had some trouble with film I loaded in my new NPR, so I practiced some more, and finally got the internal loops right. However, it seems now that teh film outside, going around the pressure plate, is a little loose. Basically, how much space should be between teh film and the pressure plate? Should is be a little loose, or more firm against it?

Best,

BR

• Premium Member
Okay,

I initially had some trouble with film I loaded in my new NPR, so I practiced some more, and finally got the internal loops right.  However, it seems now that teh film outside, going around the pressure plate, is a little loose.  Basically, how much space should be between teh film and the pressure plate?  Should is be a little loose, or more firm against it?

Best,

BR

twelve images, wich is about 13 perforations, then u have to pull the loop up and then send half on each side

Dimitrios Koukas

• Premium Member
Okay,

I initially had some trouble with film I loaded in my new NPR, so I practiced some more, and finally got the internal loops right.  However, it seems now that teh film outside, going around the pressure plate, is a little loose.  Basically, how much space should be between teh film and the pressure plate?  Should is be a little loose, or more firm against it?

Best,

BR

By the way, have u done what I was telling u about running the camera with open magazine lids and an allready developed film?

Dimitrios

Edited by Dimitrios Koukas

• Premium Member
Okay,

Best,

BR

Mr. Rose,

I can still scan the manual for u and send it in your e-mail if u like.

I believed I have been helpfull here?

Dimitrios Koukas

Mr. Koukas,

Thank you very much for all your help. Yes, I took your advice and it was because of it that I got finally got the loops right. I have the manual and I simply misunderstood how to load the camera first time around. I do the 12 image thing, divide with finger, and push both ends back in to make the loops. The camera runs beautifully (and I thought it was quiet before!). But, I'm still just a little concerned with registration, since even after I do the 12 image push back thing to make the loops, I'm not sure how loose or tight the film should be against the pressure plate. As of now, when I load test film, it has perhaps 1-2 mm of space between the anhalation backing and the plate itself. What do you think?

Best,

BR

• Premium Member
Mr. Koukas,

Thank you very much for all your help.  Yes, I took your advice and it was because of it that I got finally got the loops right.  I have the manual and I simply misunderstood how to load the camera first time around.  I do the 12 image thing, divide with finger, and push both ends back in to make the loops.  The camera runs beautifully (and I thought it was quiet before!).  But, I'm still just a little concerned with registration, since even after I do the 12 image push back thing to make the loops, I'm not sure how loose or tight the film should be against the pressure plate.  As of now, when I load test film, it has perhaps 1-2 mm of space between the anhalation backing and the plate itself.  What do you think?

Best,

BR

I believe it's very well loaded, and do not worry about the pressure, u see the pressure plate itself is arranging this. Let's hope the springs of it are in the manufacturer's limits.

Also if you don't see the film scratches itself anywhere on the magazine then I can guess you did a perfect loading and u should try with a new roll.

Before you do this, clean the magazine and your gate, the test film isn't so clear.

Don't forget to shoot with the magazine lids closed this time. (jokin).

Dimitrios Koukas

• Premium Member
"Don't forget to shoot with the magazine lids closed this time. (jokin)"

You're supposed to?  Dang, maybe that's why my film was coming back white!

BR

Do u mean it was black when u loaded and white when u unloaded?

Then we are talking for a newspaper printing machine here! Does it makes tea too?Or at least boils water?

:P

Dimitrios