2 XL1s or 1 XL2?

Justine Haupt

Hello all, this is my first post here!

I did a quick scan through old topics, so I don't think this specific quesiton has been asked (or in this specific way).

The question is a simple "if it were your choice" scenario.... I'm currently in a situation to be able to buy either 2 used XL1's (or possibly XL1S's), or 1 new XL2. My only other usable camera right now is a super 8, and I've had my eye on the XL series for years now, but it comes down to a question of "does the ability to get two angles in one take outweigh the better performace of the XL2?" I should also say that I plan to shoot almost exclusively in 24 fps (or 30 if I go with the XL1s).

So? Any comments?

~Thanks in advance

Guest david west

i would buy one xl2.....

use it as much as you can...

then, if you find yourself in the position that you need a 2nd camera, RENT the second cam for a day or two.....

then back to your ONE cam and on you go....

----worth less than 2 cents because it was free----

Yeah, I'm with David on this. The XL2 is so much better in so many ways. Of course, if you need extra coverage because you're doing sports or weddings or some other un-repeatable event then maybe it's a toss up. If you're making movies, then you can do all your coverage with one camera. It's been done that way for years.

Guest Daniel J. Ashley-Smith

The cost of 2 XL1s cameras would exceed the cost of a single XL2, so if you were to just buy the XL2 you would still have money left over which could buy you lenses, filters e.t.c.

Thanks again to everyone, my XL2 arrived a couple days ago and I couldn't be happier! Unfortunately, my computer started to act up and I can't get firewire to work... it looks like my windows me installation just has too many things wrong with it, so I'll be upgrading to xp (no, I'm unfortunately not a Mac user).

But again, GREAT camera! I've been giddy over it.