Getting the aged look

Jack Guthrey

I am using Premiere pro and aftereffects and cannot seem to achieve the look of the old silent films. I am copying this style and need the aged look. Has anyone done this before or know how?

Jack, it may be as simple as googling "after effects plug-ins" There are many companies out there with many plug-ins available for this sort of thing.

Strangely enough, though. I found some of the best plug-ins for this and other effects are for iMovie.

Edited by Eric Brown

• Premium Member
I am using Premiere pro and aftereffects and cannot seem to achieve the look of the old silent films. I am copying this style and need the aged look. Has anyone done this before or know how?

Do u need hairs and scratches, among with strobe/ 16 fps movement?

Dimitrios Koukas

I shot this in MiniDV in color. I am a student (Highschool) doing this for school and have no money to spend on it. To make the deadline, I simply put it in B&W and then put on an edge feather. Yes, it was shot in the style of the old "Happy go lucky" silent movies-you know, the ones with all the over exaggeration etc. Even though the project is over, I would still like to know how to achieve this effect for future projects