Magazine "Fit"

Guest Jonathan

Guest Jonathan

I recently purchased an old Konvas. It is the older model with the 200' mags. I have Kodak core adapters for the mags. My question is this: in other camera mags, Arri, etc., how "tight" do the film stock cores slip onto the "core holders"? The reason I ask is that I am thinking that I might permanently attach the core adapters so I don't have to worry about them. Do you think this is a valid idea?

Thanks,

Jonathan

• Premium Member
I recently purchased an old Konvas. It is the older model with the 200' mags. I have Kodak core adapters for the mags. My question is this: in other camera mags, Arri, etc., how "tight" do the film stock cores slip onto the "core holders"? The reason I ask is that I am thinking that I might permanently attach the core adapters so I don't have to worry about them. Do you think this is a valid idea?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Are u talking for the plastic cores that come with film?

Usually u unload the film with them on the stock and send them for proccesing (for example 200 magazines for Arri IIC).

200 ft magazine have a little space to work in the changing bag so I believe that u will have to take the exposed film out of the magazine (always in the bag) and then remove the plastic core if you like.

If you are talking for a clip core adapter then it should be really solid there and don't move alone, just move with the camera's movement.

Most of the cameras that use this system have a clip core that has a notch used to avoiding moving on it's free axis.

I hope this make sense my English are sometimes average.

Dimitrios Koukas