Canon XL1S w/14x Manual Lens, Extras

Tim Carroll

• Premium Member

I am shooting less and less these days, and all of it on 16mm, so I'm selling my Canon XL1S and I wanted to offer it here first, before putting it on ebay tomorrow evening. Here's the details.

Canon XL1S 3CCD NTSC Digital Camcorder in MINT condition. This camera was bought in Spring of 2002 from Helix Camera in Chicago to be used on a documentary about a national sports personality. Because of licensing conflicts, the project had to be canceled after just 14 days. The camera has approximately 32 hours of use, was never used as a deck, the heads were just cleaned, and it just passed a Head Alignment Test. It comes with all the original components from Canon, some of them never unwrapped, and the original box with all the packing.

It also comes with extras:

First, the Canon 14x Manual Focus lens. This is the only Professional Video lens ever made for the XL1. Canon converted their YH14x7.3PJ 1/2" ENG zoom lens so that it would work with the XL1. It is far sharper than the stock lens and like all professional lenses, you can set the back focus for crystal clear images throughout the zoom range. Has less than twenty hours of use.

Second, the BeachTek DXA-4S XLR Audio Adapter. This allows you to use professional microphones with the XL1S. This adapter has a gold plated mini plug that snakes up the right side of the lens and directly into the microphone input mini-jack.

Third, along with the stock battery, there is one BP-945 battery and one Power2000 Battery. The BP-945 lasts about twice as long as the stock battery, and the Power2000 lasts about twice as long as the BP-945. You can safely shoot for hours with the Power2000.

Last but not least, one Nikon 72mm L37C UV filter and one Canon 72mm ND-8 filter. Both of these filters fit on both of the lenses included with this camera package.

XL1S.jpg

I will sell it to any member of Cinematography.com who is living in the United States (sorry, can't ship overseas, and it is NTSC anyway) for $1995. I think it will go for more than that on ebay, but I would like one of you to have it before it goes to someone who will just resell it.

Thanks for looking,

-Tim Carroll

• 2 weeks later...