16x9, 24p, DSR-1800, AVID

caudill

I'll PU our 900 on Monday & would like to shoot on Tuesday! Would like to shoot 16x9, 24p, with one of the filmlike scene files. Our post setup is currently a DSR-1800 & AVID MC Adrenaline. Will output to 4x3 for broadcast on our PVW-2800. (Will hopefully have a AJ-SD93 soon)

I obviously have no time for tests & need to hit the ground running. So I'd like to know what settings to use both on the camera & the AVID.

Thanks for any input.

Mark

Gefen Productions

North Carolina

If you're in a hurry and don't want to explore the camera, you can download the SCOPNORM setup file to your card and load that in; that's a good all-around setting. However, sounds like you're SOL for capture. You need a DV50 deck to play the tape back to get it into your Avid. . . So you're going to have to shoot in DV25 if you want to play it back in your 1800, and you won't get to see how truly great this stuff looks. If you have the new version of Adrenaline (HD aka 2.0), it will do a firewire capture of DV50 (when you get the deck) and remove the advanced pulldown on the fly. Be sure you're shooting in 24pA, not 24p for this. I'm not sure if the pulldown removal for DV25 was supported in Adrenaline 1.0; I assume it was, given the enormous popularity of the DVX100.