Have you heard of the nesys?

• Premium Member

Hello,

Check their web site

http://www.nesys.de/en/

And tell me what do you think?

I have used them ninety days on a docu-soap opera here ''The Bar'', quite familiar in European countries.

They have great output and u can have them DMX controllable, without dimmer packs, just with dmx cables in a loop that goes directly to a lighting mixer/desk DMX port.

I have allready arrange the deallership here and I am waiting for the first lights to have as a demonstrator/ seller.

I believe there are great for anything, food commercials, tv shows and cinema.

Dimitrios Koukas

• Premium Member
Hi Dimitrios,

just checked out the web site... they do not have a dealer in Australia? I would definitely be interested in seeing them at work.

Cheers,

Well,

I ve seen them workin for 90 days controlable by dimmers and they did excellent, They have the same feel as kinoflo's but the advantage is that u can dim them.And if you hang them but dim them, you have the feelling that there aren't any ''hot spots'' in the set

just even soft light everywhere, without loosing too much contrast, it's kind of like the light ''floats'' in the the set.

Maybe I should go take some grabs from this work so you can see.

Dimitrios Koukas

• Premium Member
Well,

I ve seen them workin for 90 days controlable by dimmers and they did excellent, They have the same feel as kinoflo's but the advantage is that u can dim them.And if you hang them but dim them, you have the feelling that there aren't any ''hot spots'' in the set

just even soft light everywhere, without loosing too much contrast, it's kind of like the light ''floats'' in the the set.

Maybe I should go take some grabs from this work so you can see.

Dimitrios Koukas

Do they change color characteristics any as they're dimmed?

• Premium Member
Do they change color characteristics any as they're dimmed?

Christopher,

To be honest it was a tv set-up and I really don't remember that we had a tremendous amount of Kelvin changes, but I will ask again to give you a more accurate answer.

I believe that it's the physical characteristics of the fluorescent lamps to don't change the temperature while dimmed.

I believe this happens bellow 40% of dimming.

I am attaching you the brochure, unfortunately not saying anything about it.

In a week or so I will have the first order in my hands so I can do some tests for you.

The plus of this lights are: low working temperature, even softlight, great energy saving (4x55W, equals 1KW output), DMX controllable in a chain or separately dimmered, no need for extra dimmer packs,(they have one installed on each fixture).So what you do is just make a DMX loop, assign them in the same channels or separate channels (for pairing or one by one control), and then u take the last DMX cable and hook it to the lighting desk (usually at the 513-1024 port) if you have other studio lights assigned on the 1-512 channels.

Dimitrios Koukas

nesylite_en.pdf