Lighting Plans Software

Radszuweit

oh boy,

you cant be safe anywhere form the crazy swedish dude ;)

draw your lighting plans by hand or in word :P

The Germans are everywhere!! Weren't it enough to go to the Moon?

Or cant you just launch Turkey into space? .. oh sorry they still call it Germany?

LOL

• Premium Member
The Germans are everywhere!! Weren't it enough to go to the Moon?

Or cant you just launch Turkey into space? .. oh sorry they still call it Germany?

LOL

Is it getting political? This topic I mean.

What you can do is use an archtects software to do the floor plans and then add some fixtures , but a I don't know if there is a program that has fixture's FC outputs, only some by osram, but this isn't for cinematography use, just for domestic.Ot maybe try this link http://www.mckernon.com/

Dmitrios Koukas

My gaffer uses Vectorworks on the Mac. It's great because since it's a CAD based program, he can import set designs from the Production Designer and add the lighting to it with a legend. It also generates an inventory. I can email you a PDF of a layout we did with it last weekend if you want.

I have heard about a software specialized in lighting plans, it is called " WYSIWYG design". I know it does exist in France, but I've got no idea if it is distributed anywhere else. It is quite recent (I think), and so it is not very elaborate, but it can be handly. (however, I think it will never be as good as a self-made plan)

I use Paint Shop Pro. It used to be made JASC. Now it seems to distributed by COREL here is the link.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pag...d=1047025487586

What I like about this program is it is a one stop shop that does photos, graphics, and drawing. The other programs seem far more specialized. Also at $129 it is pretty affordable.

I bought the Idiots guide to the program and got pretty good pretty fast. Until I did that I was helpless.

When I?m on the road I usually use my digital camera to take photos of the floor plans and then just open them in Paint shop pro.

I created my own templates for equipment and then just drag and drop them as needed.

post-339-1129142094.jpg

• Premium Member
I have heard about a software specialized in lighting plans, it is called " WYSIWYG design". I know it does exist in France, but I've got no idea if it is distributed anywhere else. It is quite recent (I think), and so it is not very elaborate, but it can be handly. (however, I think it will never be as good as a self-made plan)

Hi Cecile ! Glad you made your way to here ! ;)

Is that it ? http://www.theatrix.net/wyspr.htm