"Firestarter" PAR 64 Bulbs

Matt Irwin

I've been hearing talk about these "Firestarter" PAR 64 bulbs that are apparently the highest output par 64 lamps on the market. I understand they are 1350w VNSP lamps that will work in a 1K can.

I've searched online for them, but can't find out who manufactures or supplies them. Is "Firestarter" a brand or a nickname? Does anybody know about these or where to find them in the LA area?

Thanks

• Premium Member
I've been hearing talk about these "Firestarter" PAR 64 bulbs that are apparently the highest output par 64 lamps on the market. I understand they are 1350w VNSP lamps that will work in a 1K can.

I've searched online for them, but can't find out who manufactures or supplies them. Is "Firestarter" a brand or a nickname? Does anybody know about these or where to find them in the LA area?

Thanks

Hello Matt,

I believe it's the aircraft lights you re lookin for?http://surplus.net/solomon/landing.htm

I haven't heard of the 1350W bulb, I know that they come in 250-650W/ 8 lights chain or 4 lights chain and each lamp works at 28 voltAC

This configuration is for 230VAC, so probably in LA they have a different Wattage.So ask for aircraft lights to see what u can find?

They have more output and quicker ''flashing'' speeds.

Dimitrios Koukas

Firestarters are the nickname for 1200 watt Par 64 VNSP tungsten bulbs for the simple reason they provide a lot of heat both photographically and for real. you can easily put them in par cans, maxibrutes. or 12 light maxi's, but you start to come real close to 100 amps with the twelve lights which is the typical breaker on a US stage box. A weak breaker wont hold it so turn a bulb off hehehe.

I tried a quick search and could not find it on the internet, but if one had some bulb catalogs you can find them easy enough or check in with your local expendable supplier or rental house.

aircraft landing lights that Dimitri mentioned are more commonly called ACL's and they run off 28 volts, but to use them here in the US you have to use four wired in series tp rum off 120 volts.

Thye are real easy to use in a dino light and replace the wiring with a new cable with four recepticles wired in series and plugged into the socket for one 120 volt bulb. Paskal in LA has this harness.

Best

Tim

Firestarters are the nickname for 1200 watt Par 64 VNSP tungsten bulbs for the simple reason they provide a lot of heat both photographically and for real.

Perfect! Thanks guys.

Heheh, yeah someone told me they saw one of those lamps instantly combust a 4x8 beadboard from about 10 feet away... in the middle of a take!