Music Video - light wall

redbaron

Any ideas on constructing a light wall that might go behind a band? The catch!...LOW BUDGET. First thought is build a frame and attach lights to the frame, link and control. Also, I want it to be controlable. Just wondered if anyone has experience with something like this. Something like this...

http://64.207.133.64/spotPopupMovie.php?id=1133&qual=1

Low cost is key.

Thanks!

• Premium Member
Try renting 9 lights [Maxi Brutes] You could put them on a dimmer and/or if you wanted to emulate what DP Shawn Kim in the Secret Machines video, you can switch offf individual lights in the Maxi Brutes so as to arrange a similar pattern.

I'd also recommend Deca Lights

Is there any reason you can't build a big frame out of 2x lumber and fill it with something like silk or 216 and fill it with lights from the other side? That'd be pretty cheap. Or does it ahve to be a wall of lights where you can see fixtures...?

• Premium Member
Any ideas on constructing a light wall that might go behind a band? The catch!...LOW BUDGET. First thought is build a frame and attach lights to the frame, link and control. Also, I want it to be controlable. Just wondered if anyone has experience with something like this. Something like this...

http://64.207.133.64/spotPopupMovie.php?id=1133&qual=1

Low cost is key.

Thanks!

There is a light from DHA that is called light curtain, If this is the effect you want to do?In case that u want just a really blown-up background, something like projected lights on it, u should try a huge silk frame with some parcans overhead falling on in like lines maybe?

Dimitrios Koukas

• Premium Member
Is there any reason you can't build a big frame out of 2x lumber and fill it with something like silk or 216 and fill it with lights from the other side? That'd be pretty cheap.

Yes, and then if you could add a wall or frame in front of that, with different shaped holes making it like a giant cucaloris and let the light flood in. Similar to what they did for the band performance in the KORN video for "Freak on a Leash" and the video for "Breathe" by Michelle Branch. [both of which you can watch at YAHOO LAUNCH]

Great ideas...what kind of wattage are we talking about for these types of light situations where light is basically being shined directly at the camera. I don't want them to be too overpowering and kick off tons of flare. Typically Flood or spot?

Thanks